Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Korg DS-10

So lately, GearTrap posts have been few and far between. I've had a lot going on work-wise and I'm finally hoping to get back into posting a little more regularly. As I'll be posting more regularly, I'm going to begin making my posts a little more informal and not so "newsroomish". That said, loosen your ties and enjoy...

Korg DS-10: it's not what you might think. It's not a keyboard or a pedal, it's a video game! It's pretty cool too. I first heard about it on the HCFX (Harmony Central Effects) forum. It's available on the Nintendo DS and is actually somewhat rare, although not impossible to find. I saw a copy several months ago in the local mall. I passed on it at the time and didn't see it again for a while. Recently though, I saw it again and jumped. I paid $30.00 for it which is pretty standard for a DS game.

Photobucket

Essentially, DS-10 allows the user to create music using synth/drum sequencers. It also has a Kaoss pad function as well, but it's not like having an actual Kaoss pad on hand. Using the sequencers, you can play around and create different sounds and patch effects together. It seems that there is also save capability which says to me that you could call up previous files. Cool.

Here are some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejsYE5uHnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIwZDVJSwI&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvmMCeJukw&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home